These macaroni muffins look delicious! Try out this recipe for these lovely cheesy treats.
How To Make Them
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Butter a non-stick muffin tray; divide the breadcrumbs between cups. Shake and tilt pan to coat all sides of cups well. Discard any excess.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the macaroni for about 8 min, until al dente, or according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Then in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Sprinkle in the flour, mustard, salt and pepper whisking for 1 min.
- Gradually whisk in the milk. Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Whisk for 3 to 5 min or until smooth and thickened. Remove from heat and stir in 200g of the cheese until melted and smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir until coated.
- Divide the mixture evenly among muffin tray. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 20 min or until hot. Let stand for 10 min. Run a small knife around each muffin, then ease out of the tin.
Tip – get some greens into your macaroni muffins. Add some cooked broccoli to the mixture after the cheese sauce.
Items in set
Please select item sizes