This watermelon centrepiece is so impressive! Wow your guests and recreate this using the method below.
How To Make It
- Wash the watermelons. Cut a ½ cm slice off the bottom of the oblong watermelon to provide a stable base. Cut the top off the watermelon lengthwise to provide the flower bed.
- Cut out flat pieces from the flesh of the slice and from flesh from the flower bed piece. Use cookie cutters (or free hand cut) for the desired shapes for flowers. Be sure to cut shapes from the yellow watermelon as well. (Shown are daisies and tulips.)
- Soak skewers in green food colouring, and set on paper towel to dry.
- Use a small melon baller to create flower centres from both the yellow and red watermelons. Assemble the flowers by attaching the centre balls with toothpicks. Place entire flower head on tinted green skewers. Insert skewer flower stems into base flower bed. Be sure to alternate colours and feel free to experiment with other colourful fruits like cantaloupe melon or blueberries.
- Fill the basket flower bed with the rest of the fruit in flower shapes and balls. Shape a couple pipe cleaners into leaves and carefully attach to the skewer stems.
- Take the skin off of the kiwi and slice into around ½ cm slices then use your cutter to make them into flower shapes as well.
- Then wash and dry your strawberries and cherries and create your treat pots.
- You can lay these out on the table for your guests to enjoy when they arrive.
Items in set
Please select item sizes