Mickey Mouse Cupcake Recipe
now From £1.25 £1.29
reg From £2.50 £2.59
FREE Shipping* on orders over £50
Oh Boy! These Mickey cupcakes look great. Try them at home with this easy recipe and add buttons to create those famous ears.
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Put the butter and the sugar in a bowl and mix together with a handheld electric whisk, beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Turn the mixer up to high speed, slowly add the egg and beat until everything is well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, red food colouring and vanilla extract to make a thick, dark paste. Add to the butter mixture and mix thoroughly until evenly combined and coloured (scrape any unmixed ingredients from the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula).
- Turn the mixer down to slow speed and slowly pour in half the buttermilk. Beat until well mixed, then add half the flour, and beat until everything is well incorporated. Repeat this process until all the buttermilk and flour have been added. Scrape down the side of the bowl again. Turn the mixer up to high speed and beat until you have a smooth, even mixture. Turn the mixer down to low speed and add the bicarbonate of soda and vinegar. Beat until well mixed, then turn up the speed again and beat for a couple more minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until two-thirds full and bake in the preheated oven for 20–25 mins, or until the sponge bounces back when touched. A skewer inserted in the centre should come out clean. Leave the cupcakes to cool slightly in the tray before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile for the cream cheese frosting: Beat the icing sugar and butter until the mixture comes together and is well mixed. Add the cream cheese in one go and beat until it is completely incorporated. Continue beating until the frosting is light and fluffy, at least 5 mins. Do not overbeat, as it can quickly become runny.
- When the cupcakes are cold, spoon the cream cheese frosting on top. and add your button ears.
Items in set