Finding Dory Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
From £2.25 £2.50
Item no. DORY2
FREE Delivery* on orders over £50
Don’t forget these chocolate cupcakes! They look so tasty and here’s a great recipe for you to try at home.
How To Make It
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Start off making the cake mixture by putting the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and butter in an electric mixer with paddle attachment (or use a handheld electric whisk) and beat on a slow speed until you get a sandy consistency and everything is combined.
- Whisk the milk, egg and vanilla extract together in a jug then slowly pour about half into the flour mixture, beat to combine and turn the mixer up to high speed (scrape any unmixed ingredients from the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula). Continue mixing for a couple more minutes until the mixture is smooth. Try not to over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until two-thirds full and bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the sponge bounces back when touched.
- When the cupcakes are cooled you can frost your cakes. To make the frosting beat the icing sugar, butter and cocoa powder together in an electric mixer. Or use a handheld electric whisk) on medium/slow speed until the mixture comes together and is well mixed.
- Turn the mixer down to a slower speed. Add the milk to the butter mixture a couple of tablespoons at a time.
- When the milk has been incorporated, add the melted chocolate.
- Once all the chocolate has been combined, turn the mixer up to a high speed.
- Continue beating for about 5 minutes, until it is light and fluffy. The longer the frosting is beaten, the lighter and fluffier it will become.
- Spread or pipe onto your cupcakes.
Items in set
Please select item sizes