This Doc inspired cake looks fantastic! You can create your own with this simple recipe.
How To Make It
- Heat oven to 180°C fan or gas mark 4 and lightly grease two x 18 cm sandwich cake tins (preferably loose-bottomed) then line the bases with grease proof paper.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, caster sugar, stevia, cocoa powder and ground almonds into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, then stir in the yogurt and vanilla. Pour this mixture, along with the melted butter and oil, into the dry mixture and stir together with a large metal spoon until combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the two tins and level the tops. Bake both cakes, side by side, for 22 -25 mins until risen and beginning to come away slightly from the edges of the tins.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and loosen the sides with a pallet knife. Let the cakes cool briefly in the tins, then turn them out. Peel off the lining paper and sit the cakes on a wire rack. Leave until completely cold.
- Put one of the cakes on a serving plate and spread over the chocolate cream cheese. Put the other cake on top and sift over the icing sugar, or make a pattern.
- If you decide to cover your cake, roll out your fondant icing, use your rolling pin to drape this over the cake and smooth with a pallet knife.
- Decorate your cake with your Doc McStuffins accessories!
Items in set
Please select item sizes