Impress your guests with these easy and tasty apple rose tarts.
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 190°C/170°F; line 6 muffin cups with liners (or generously grease and flour). Halve and core both apples; trim the ends and thinly slice. Fill a large microwave-safe bowl with water and add apple slices and lemon juice. Cook for 3 minutes in the microwave on high. The slices should be limp enough to bend easily without breaking (so that you can easily roll them to form your roses). If they are still stiff, microwave in 15-second intervals until they soften. Drain thoroughly and allow to cool slightly.
- Unroll your pastry on a lightly floured work surface. Use a rolling pin to smooth out the creases and thin the dough slightly. Cut into 6 long strips (keep covered while you work to keep the dough from drying out). Working with one strip at a time, brush about a teaspoon of caramel sauce across the length of the dough. Top with 5-6 apple slices, as shown, leaving some dough uncovered on each end. The slices should overlap slightly, and be sitting so that the tops extend slightly beyond the dough. Sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon if you wish.
- Fold the bottom half of the dough up to encase the apples.
- Start at one end and roll up, but not too tightly. Press the end of the dough in to seal, and place it in your prepared muffin tin. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown. Let the tarts cool and transfer them to a serving tray or tea cups. Garnish with mint leaves and serve with a scoop of yoghurt if desired.
Items in set
Please select item sizes